I have a quite large iTunes library, and I’m rather anal about keeping my metadata clean and up to date. In an earlier release of iTunes 12 there was a bug. Every so often after a song played, the Play Count would fail to increment, but the Last Played would update.
Searching my library, I found 74 tracks that had this issue.
I found this irritating and inaccurate, so I set forth finding a way to correct it.
I wrote the following simple AppleScript to set the playcount of such tracks to 1.
All you need to do is either paste the following into the 'Script Editor' or download it and run it. See video below if you need help running it once it’s open.
There's been a fair deal of hubbub in the community about version numbers, including what is and isn't Semantic Versioning, what qualifies as a breaking change and how to use version numbers.
Underscore.js released a second digit "minor update" that was actually a breaking update for some people. Th…
This is verified to work in Yosemite but should work at least in Mavericks if not older as well. Let me know if issues should arise.
These directions are for working with the native installation of PHP. Your results may vary if you are using a brew or otherwise installed version of PHP.
We need inst…
Every time I would upgrade OS X it took probably 45 minutes of fiddling with my Apache configuration to get it working properly. I'm writing this article in the hopes of saving myself and others some time.
These instructions have been tested in OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.11 El Capitan
I previously showed you how to Load a Github Gist with Composer, but sometimes you need to install code that isn't isn't even in a public facing VCS.
I for instance wanted to use a library only distributed by Zip.
It's actually fairly easy! In your composer.json file, you simply add a repositories s…